"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Ruthie's Birthday

One week ago I turned 27. It was sort of strange feeling. I was quickly reminded though, that my sister is turning the big 3-0 this year! :) hehehe and I quickly felt better! :) I had a lovely birthday weekend complete with many celebrations. Jamie and I were able to have a lunch date on Saturday, and he surprised me by inviting some of my dear friends, and their husbands, to join us! Sophia had a blast spending the afternoon with Grandma Susie and Poppy. After lunch Jamie and I were able to spend the afternoon on a date, and it was so refreshing to hang out with my best friend! After picking Sophia up, we headed back to Ashland where our dear International student friends through me a fabulous party.

On Sunday both sets of parents and my Grandpa and Grandma Hanna came for dinner and cake. Again Jamie surprised me- this time with an ice cream cake from Coldstone and we devoured it! Thank you everyone for the birthday cards and wishes. I love birthdays - my Mom always has made a big deal about them and I just think it's a great chance to spend time with loved ones, and that's what I did!
Mom, Me, Jamie
Dad and Sophia

Jamie, Grandma Hanna, Me, Sophia and Grandpa

Jamie, Mom A., Dad A., Sophia, and Me

My favorite gift! :)

Jamie and My yummy cake!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ruthie!! 27 is definitely NOT old: :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, you don't have to share my secrets with the world! :) I better get a big fun gift for my 30th! :) :)