"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Some new reads

I do a lot of lying in bed right now. After I eat I usually feel awful, so lying flat with little noise and movement is how I cope best. I also feel badly when I start to get hungry, and sometimes I just don't want to eat, especially at night, if I'm not yet asleep. Sleep always chases the hunger away, so there's more time in bed... :)

Well, yesterday, I couldn't fall asleep, yet needed to be lying down. I was really wanting a good book to read. So, I searched our own bookshelf and came across a trilogy I'd never read. Can you guess? I'll give you three hints.

The author is now dead.
The books are Science Fiction.
This author has had two of his other books turned into major motion pictures in recent years.

That's right...


C.S. Lewis' Space Trilogy. I'm almost through with the first one, Out of the Silent Planet. I look forward to working my way through the rest of the series.

Have you ever read these books? Do you tend to give Science Fiction a chance? Try them! I think you might like them!


2 comments:

Jeni said...

Sigh...It's been so long since I've read a book of any kind (other than the Bible). I long to read again...one day, I suppose! :) Love you, dear sister!

Anonymous said...

Dad would like those books.
love,
mom