
Sophia's new desk area
The organization of school supplies
( I am loving clear glass containers lately! All of the jars I simply washed out after we'd consumed their contents. The square ones with lids were in my kitchen - but I didn't ever use them - so, they've found a new home!)

To the right of Sophia's desk area we added some shelves for more storage. I keep all my Instructor's Guides here, other school supplies that are not for little hands, and my sewing machine and notions.
A view of that whole side of the room. Don't mind the boxes. :) We're still working on putting the rest of the room together. Across from this wall is a love seat and the wall to the left of this picture will be a desk for Jamie and me.

The pink desk with the very coordinated student! :) My BIL scored this free, about to be pitched, school desk. He and my sis painted it just the perfect color for Sophia! She loves it!!! And, it fits her perfectly, which is such a blessing!
***
So, you can probably put two and two together and guess that we are joining the ranks of home schoolers this year. Though, really, aside from purchasing a legit curriculum and setting aside certain hours of the day to do our learnin', this home school scenario is not much different from what we've always done. Sophia has always done most of her learning at home, and we really love that!
In assessing her proficiency with different subjects this summer I realized she would be a mixture of Kindergarten and 1st grade this school year. She is doing 1st grade math and Language Arts/Reading while doing Kindergarten History/Geography and Science.
Today was our first official day and it went really well!
Sophia seemed to really enjoy the curriculum (minus the copy work, possibly... just saying) and did so well! I am really glad I ordered the 1st grade stuff for reading and math b/c it is right on.
I can't believe my baby girl is old enough for "real" school, but she is and I am loving being such an active participant in her learning!


4 comments:
That is great, Ruthie!!!!
She looks like you sitting at that pretty pink, desk!!
love,]
mom
Hopefully this will be an exciting adventure for your whole family! :)
YEAH! Praying for you today as you go solo with all 3 kids! Love you!
LOVE everything about it! Awesome desk!!!
Post a Comment