"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Monday, October 04, 2010

A List, because it's all I've got

1.  It's bedtime, but I've got to write this all out, because as I just told Jamie, "I've got to clear my head of all  my words."
2.  My Mom got Sophia the new Tinkerbell movie.  In it a little girl makes a little fairy house.  Today, Sophia created her own fairy house.  As she was setting it outside I asked her if she thought fairies were real.  She looked at me and said, "Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see."
3.  The Amazing Race is back on.  Jamie and I love that show and always talk about how fun it would be to participate!  I find it interesting that there are no married couples and no homosexual couples on this season.
4.  My sister, brother-in-law, niece and their dog just moved into their new house!!!  TWO years ago my dear bil had to resign from his job for some yicky reasons and has been jobless since.  He has stayed at home, while doing the awful, tedious task of job-searching (did I mention, for TWO years?), and cared for my sweet niece while my sister kept up her job that she was hoping to let go of once her babe was born.  They have endured SO much these past two years.  Mental and emotional abuse and anguish.  Physical pain and suffering. Surgery.  A difficult pregnancy and labor and delivery.  Mice.  A super icky bathroom (hey, these things matter).  A husband caring for the child with the wife working when all the husband longed to do was work so the wife could care for the child.  There have been hopeful job opportunities that have fallen through.  There has been moments of deep despair and utter darkness, coupled, thankfully, with glimpses of hope and the light of Jesus.  Well, those times are over for now - Praise the Lord!  It is so hard to stand by and watch those you love walk a lonely and painful road.  We could pray, we could encourage, but we couldn't really do anything.  That hurt.  I rejoice with them over the blessings God is pouring over them.  I am so proud of all they have endured and how hard they have worked to provide a safe a loving home for their daughter.  I am so happy for all they are embarking on now. A beautiful new home, a new community to get to know and explore, and best of all, a wonderful job for David and my sister's dream job coming true!!!!  I love you Jeni and David.
5.  Sophia is in her 3rd year of ballet.  She does well and enjoys it for the most part.  But, her class meets at 5pm on Mondays.  Jamie is still at work.  We have one car.  So, this has meant that I load all three kiddos up in the car in the morning to take Jamie to work.  Then I have to lug them all to ballet right at dinner time.  After ballet we go pick Jamie up from work and get home to a late supper.  Needless to say, I hate Mondays.  So, I did some asking today and we're considering switching Soph to a class on Thursday.  The class is taught by the same teacher she has in ballet and is at 7 pm, which means either Jamie or I could take her and the other could stay at home with the other two.  And, no need to take Jamie to work anymore!  The only thing is, this is a Jazz class, not ballet.  But, we've decided, and Sophia readily agrees, that that just might be okay!  So, this Thursday she'll go try the class out and if she likes it we'll make the official switch next week!  Jazz hands optional.  Hopefully.
6.  Goodness, my list items sure are wordy.  Sorry.
7.  Hadassah is eating food at supper time now.  Mushed banana mixed with egg yolk cooked in olive oil.  I know, you are dying to come over for dinner.  She doesn't seem interested in eating at breakfast or lunch yet.  I'm in no hurry.
8.  Riley is SO boy.  He has this drill that really works.  He used it as a gun to kill Sophia's doll and then used it as a doctor's tool to "fix" her.  :)  I made some  yummy dairy-free caramel sauce tonight.  He abandoned dipping his apples after the first slice and just drank it.  He is talking a lot and it melts my heart each time.
9.  Haddie got a chemical burn from some off brand diapers.  Not a diaper rash, a burn.  It is awful and painful.  My content baby has screamed more the last couple days than she ever has.  Vaseline seems to be doing the trick to protect her healing skin.
10.  And we're at ten.  I think that's a good place to end.  How about with this... while helping my sis move Saturday I was telling my cousin about how homeschooling was going.  He asked if we do it in our pajamas.  I said, "Yes, most days."  Thankyouverymuch.

The words, they are out, for the most part.  Goodnight.


4 comments:

Jenny said...

I liked your list. Even the wordy parts. Thanks for sharing. :)

me said...

i read it all :) its fun to get caught up with your beautiful family again!
love you all!

Anonymous said...

I miss you, Ruthie. Do you have any free Saturdays coming up soon so Eli and I could come visit?? Love ya!! - Rachel

Anonymous said...

This was great!
love,
mom