"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Now that's some sunshine!

So, last Thursday we had a really warm day (for February!) and I took the kids out on a walk for the first time in a long time!  The next day was pretty nice too.  It wasn't quite as warm, but unlike the previous day, the sunshine was out in full force - which made up for the slightly chillier temps!!!


Ahhh... blue skies.  So rare around these parts during the winter.


We even got to play in the backyard a bit!


Now if we can just get some green on those trees!  :)


Haddie wasn't sure if she liked the swing or not.  I'm sure come summer I won't be able to keep her out of it!

Perspective is a funny thing.  On Thursday of last week the temps were in the 60s and the simple warmth of the air gave the day such a spring-like feeling.  Until I went back and looked at the pictures from our outing I had thought the skies had been blue and sunny.  I was so surprised to see that they had been grey and cloudy.  Then, come Friday, just feeling the warm sun on my face and seeing the blue skies made the chillier temps less noticeable.  Ever since those two days I've been thinking a lot about perspective and how it can affect my attitude.  

Today, just one week later...  the ground is again covered in inches and inches of snow, the skies are grey and cloudy and the temps are again chilly.  Perspective... it's really more of a choice than anything.   So, amidst the chilly, snowy, grey-clouded day, I am choosing to feel the warmth of the sun.  


No comments: