"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

 We started Easter morning out with some goodie baskets and a new book for the kids.  Then, it was time to get ready for church.  We spent Sunday service at my sister's and BIL's church.  My BIL, David, happens to be the Pastor and did such an excellent job sharing the gospel message and encouraged us to have faith.  David has been pastoring at this church for about six months, and it was our first opportunity to visit.  Aside from the smashing Liturgist and the charismatic (in a good way ;) ) Preacher, our favorite part was the singing of hymns lead by a great choir and some wonderful piano and organ music! They really know how to sing hymns well!

 After church we forced the children to get their pictures taken.  :)  Jeni and David were hosting us, and my parents, for Easter Lunch.  (they served us lamb!  YUM!)  Today also happened to be my Mom's birthday, so it was doubly special to be all together!

 I love how Soph is striking a pose here.


 This was the last of many shots we took of the Grandparents with all their grandbabies.  There were better shots, but I think this one is the funniest!!!


 After pictures the kids hunted for eggs.  It was raining outside so we had the hunt in the family room.  They all did a great job finding eggs and enjoyed eating some of the goodies while waiting for lunch to be prepared.



 Grammy and Grampy got them each some stickers too!


 After a delicious lunch we gave Mom her gifts.  This is a puzzle Soph made for my Mom.


 Why is she laughing???


 Because of the gag gift we got her.  :)


 I made this wreath for Mom.  It's the first one I've tried.  I had a lot of fun making it and I think it turned out pretty good.


The whole group.  Come the end of June we'll have another little one to be in pictures with us!  I can't wait to be an Auntie again!!!

***

After lunch and celebrating my Mom's birthday our little family of five drove to Jamie's parents' house.  His whole extended family was over and we got to spend time with them and eat - more... :) before finally heading home.  I didn't bring the camera out at all while we were there so I have no evidence.  :(  It was a really fun time hanging out with all of Jamie's family though!  We had a great time!

***

Today was definitely a wonderful family day.  Days like this have become so dear to me.  But, as important as family is to me this day is important for an even greater reason, and that is because today we celebrated the resurrection of Jesus, God's Son.  I asked Sophia yesterday how she thought Jesus's friends and family would have felt on that Saturday, so long ago; the day after Jesus had been murdered and still lay in the grave.  She said, "Miserable."  

Tonight, as I kissed her goodnight I asked her what she thought they might have been feeling on the Sunday night of that most Holy weekend.  She said, "Joyful."

You know, those two words really sum up what life is before you have Jesus as your Savior and Lord, and what life is like afterwards.  I think I'll ponder on that this week and remain ever thankful for the gift of life, eternal life, because my Jesus was willing to suffer and die - for me.  For you.

But, he didn't stay dead.  

He is alive.

Happy Easter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ruthie, I had a great day! I love your blog and all the pictures. You and Jeni Lee need to write a book!
love,
mom