
Oh, the day started with me taking a jog, and not even getting half a block before I fell to the ground from rolling/twisting my ankle. In addition to hurting my ankle, the left knee of my pants ripped and my knee got some good 'ol road burn. I had to get myself up and limp all the way home, my pride bruised most of all (never mind the car that was behind me and witnessed it all!). I had hurt this same ankle in November and never had gotten it checked out. It took months to stop hurting and still bothered me from time to time... so, I figured I ought to have it looked at. So, my dear friend, Loree, agreed to double the amount of kids in her house so Jamie could take me to the ER without children in tow. After a couple of hours, some x-rays, and a little nap in the exam room :), I was discharged with a badly hurt ankle, but thankfully no fracture! I get to sport the lovely black boot until I'm feeling like my ankle is getting better. The doc said it could take months to get my ankle back to 100%, and I believe it since that was my experience last time I hurt this ankle. I may be a lot of things, and klutzy is definitely one of them! Ha! :)
I have to add how cute the kids were when their Mom returned home from her short-lived jog, injured, and definitely worse for the wear. I plopped myself down on our picnic table bench and called for Sophia, whom I knew was in the front yard. I told her to get her Dad. I hear her screaming as she runs inside, "DAD, Mom broke her leg and she needs you!" When she returned with Jamie she had a tissue with a couple ice-cubes in it for me to use as an ice pack because she couldn't fine a real one. When Riley looked at my scraped up knee he said, "Strawberry?" It did sort of resemble one... ew. While I was bandaging my knee and icing my ankle Soph brought me a popsicle. I love my kids. :)
After the ER trip we picked our kids up and the weather was a fresh 86 degrees, so some water play was definitely in order! Haddie was looking especially adorable in her swimsuit and sun hat, and Riley stayed busy drinking his weight in water. Sophia was playing with a friend across the street for most of the time, but joined in at the last moment, just in time to get good and wet and totally covered in the freshly mown grass. :) Today felt like a summer day, and I couldn't be more glad, except for maybe the whole ankle thing...





1 comment:
Glad you're okay! I always enjoyed playing in the sprinklers as a kid, so I hope your kids' memories of days like this last them until forever! :)
Post a Comment