"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Effortless

Today Jamie and I celebrate eight years of marriage!  Jamie wrote to me today, speaking of how our relationship started, saying

"It was begun out of an effortless burst of preordained spontaneity."

He is so right.

We met in the Fall of 1997 at the young age of 15, both sophomores in high school.  Over six years later, in January of 2003, what was always just a "church" friendship, changed into something much much more!  No one saw it coming, least of all the two of us!  Jamie became my best friend and eight years later, still is.

I love Jamie and am so thankful for him.  He isn't a perfect man, but I am, to this day, continually amazed at how perfect he is, for me.

And for all those that were at our wedding, yes, we still remember that kiss.  The difference between Jamie and me?  While speaking of that memory embarrasses me to no end, it makes Jamie feel proud!  Ack!  

So, for all you out there with a spouse, here's to a day of embarrassingly long kisses.    :)


2 comments:

Jeni said...

I remember your wedding day and remember standing up front watching you come down the aisle. I was SO PROUD to be your sister that day (am proud every day, but especially so that day)! You were gorgeous and I knew you were marrying your prince! I was also SO PROUD to have Jamie as my brother! He's a wonderful man and fits in so well with us crazy Reynolds! :) I love you guys so much and am so thankful for you and the example your marriage is!

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary!