"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Funnies

Riley got his hair cut (by Jamie) about a week before Soph and I did.  Upon seeing our hair cuts on that Saturday, he said, "Mom, I like your hair-cut!"  "Do you like my hair-cut?"

He has repeated this every day, at the most random times, and it is so cute!

Last Sunday, both Soph and I had dresses on.  Riley says, "Mom, I like your hair-cut.  I like your dress!  You are a princess."

He also said about the same to Soph.  So sweet.

So... last Sunday evening, we were in the car and I was telling Jamie how Riley had called me and Soph princesses.  I ask Riley, "Hey, is Mommy a princess?"  His response?

"No, you not a princess, you my Mom!"

Ha!  :)

Then... a few days ago I again asked Riley if I was a princess.  This time he said, "Yep!" Then proceeded to do a deep bow towards me while saying, "Your Highness!"

I love my boy.

The other day while making dinner Riley was sitting at the table playing.  He had various objects that he was pretending were Buzz and Woody and others.  I hear him say in his 'Buzz voice,'
"I will be your hero!"

Then, in a higher-pitched, girly voice, I hear him say, "You saved me!  You are my hero!"

I don't ever want to forget these sweet things he says and does.  He is ALL boy and crazy and rough and sometimes even a bit of a bully (mainly to his sisters...) but he is also SO sweet and gentle and sensitive and endearing and funny!  I can't wait to see the man he turns in to.



3 comments:

Jenny said...

Too cute!

Jeni said...

Ha! He's so cute!

Anonymous said...

I love you so much, Riley James!
love,
mom(grammy)