"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Dad!

 It is hard to believe that not too long ago there were only these two.

Molly Dog and Sophia (3)
2008


 Then there were three!  Well, four if we're still counting Molly ;)
This was on Dad's birthday exactly two years ago.
Sophia has her Big Sister/Cousin look, and Riley is looking at Cora like, "Hey girl, what's all the fuss about?  Smile!  Be happy!"
:)

Sophia (4), Riley (10 1/2 mos.), Cora (3 1/2 mos.)
2009


Last year... hmmm... are four too many for Grampy??  Hope not, because this year there are five!

Sophia (5), Hadassah (3 1/2 mos.), Riley (almost 2), Cora (15 mos.)
2010

***

As we celebrate my Dad for another year I can't help but think about the man that he is; the father and grandfather that he has become.  We are all so blessed to have Dad in our lives!


4th of July
Dad & Me
2008


My handsome Dad and beautiful Mom, with Cora.
July 2009


Dad, with Me and Jeni.  Never too serious for a good laugh around here!
July 2010


***
If you know my Dad you know a lot of things about him, like:
- he is honest to the core.
- he is a hard worker.
- he is not one to seek praise.
- he sees things that need done and just does them, no need to be asked.
- he most often shows his love through acts of service.
- he is a faithful husband and his best friend is my Mom.
- he is a loyal and supportive Father.
- he is a smitten Grandfather.
- he loves the Lord and seeks to serve Him.

Here are some things you might not know about my Dad...
- he was a missionary pilot.  I always feel most safe in a plane if my Dad is with me.  I figure he'd have a decent chance of saving the aircraft if we got in trouble.  :)  
- during our time in Africa I was home schooled my 1st grade year.  Any time Dad had a flight that was light on passengers he would let me come along.  If, on the return flight home it was just the two of us, he would do fun tricks in the plane to make me lose my stomach!  I loved it!
- my Dad is an only child and grew up most of his life without a father present in his life.  His Mom worked hard and raised him well!  You would never know though that Dad didn't really have a dad himself.  He is such a natural and excellent Father and Grandfather that you'd think he grew up with the best example ever.  
- My Dad likes to wear blue, and maroon.  Well, you might have known that.  :)  
- As long as I've known him, my Dad has never worn facial hair.  Funny that I married a guy with a face full of hair!  
- my Dad is never too shy to say "I love you," or to give a hug.

***

Happy Birthday Dad!  I love you and so do Jamie and the kids.  We are so proud to have you as our Dad/Grampy and pray that this birthday is especially blessed!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!
love,
mom

Jeni said...

we are truly blessed, huh?

Jenny said...

What a lovely post. I loved learning more about your dad. Sounds like you are really blessed! :)