Sophia Ruth, my beautiful firstborn, turned seven yesterday! I remember so much about the day she was born. It was a really magical day and I love that 10 days of waiting past her due date, 12 hours of labor, and 2 hours of pushing, resulted in a beautiful, 9lb, 14oz, 22in baby girl!
Sophia is such a joy. I love her spunk, her creativity, her artistic ability, and her love for life. I love how she has always loved helping me in the kitchen and around the house, but now she's an actual help! It's wonderful! Seven is a really great age. Sophia is a great reader now and loves reading herself to sleep at night, just like her Mama. :) Her faith is so delicate and real, I pray each night that the Lord will bless her with a deep and constant faith in Jesus, that will allow her to glorify Him with her life.
We had a great time celebrating her birthday with both sets of her grandparents, her Great-Grandma, GiGi (Jamie's Grandma), us of course, and her Great Aunt Cathy and Great Aunt Connie and Uncle Kerry.
Prior to her party starting we found some of my old wraps and gloves from dances of old (we were at my Mom and Dad's house). So, we created a dress for her to wear for her party. :)
The cake had a fun surprise inside! It's a rainbow. :) I have seen these on various blogs and gave it a shot. It was pretty simple, just a little time consuming. The result was so fun though!
Today we arrived back home from being out of town for Thanksgiving and Soph's bday. Jeni and David (and kids) were just heading back to their home after being in our city to be with David's Mom and step-Dad for T-Day. So, it worked out for them to stop by our house to give Soph a gift and spend a few minutes with us.
That is my nephew, Ben. Cora was off playing with Riley. Ben is such a doll! He was super sick last week and in the hospital with some nasty virus, so it was so good to see him happy and healthy again!
I just love birthdays. It is so fun to plan and plot and prepare special parties and cakes and gifts for one you love! I will never tire of celebrating the lives of my kiddos! They are so precious to me and definitely a source of great Thankfulness for me.
I love you Sophia! It is a joy being your Mommy.



3 comments:
I wish we hadn't missed the party, but was so glad we got to spend some tome with you all today!
Love the dress! What a good idea. I'm sure she will remember that for a long time. Happy 7th Birthday Sophia!!!1
Danielle
Happy Belated Birthday to Sophia! Hannah turns 6 on Saturday, but 7 still seems so much older to me! I'm glad her day was a good one, and the cake looked great! :)
Post a Comment