"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Leaves, leaves, go away!

The neighbors to our right (if you're looking at the street from inside our house) keep a very neat and tidy yard. They mow a few times a week and I rarely see a stray leaf lying on the ground. Well, we have a lot of trees in our yard, and I don't have a ton of time (or much ambition to be honest) to do yard work, and Jamie has even less time. Needless to say, I was feeling guilty over all the leaves in the front compared to our leafless neighbors, so out I went to rake last night after dinner. It was pretty much dark when I was finished, but! I did it and our yard was now neat and tidy too! ... so I thought...

It's been raining and windy all night/morning. Our yard is no longer neat and tidy, in fact it looks worse than before I raked yesterday! My only consolation is that the wind has blown a few leaves onto our neighbors grass. :) hehehe ;)

No comments: