The giant snow bunny that Jamie, David and Dad built. They even used snow ramps and a saw to complete it! Everyone thinks Soph asked for this, but I have a secret... it was all my husband's idea! :)
Queen of the World! Complete with her aviator sunglasses!
The traditional "Bunny Cake!" I think Soph ate as much frosting and candy as ended up on Mr. Bunny.
The Family Easter PortraitThis year for Easter, we traveled 3 hrs. north to my sister's house in Hillsdale, MI. My mom and dad were also there and it was such a great family weekend. Jamie, Soph and I couldn't leave till Jamie got home from work and by 8:30ish pm we were on the road. We knew there was to be some heavy snow ahead of us - but boy oh boy, we were in for a surprise! I have never traveled in such snow in my life. The turnpike was bad, down to traveling at 45/50 mph, following the one set of tire tracks in the middle of the road. Once we get off the turnpike it takes us about 30-40 mins. to get to my sister's. Well, it took us at least an hour. They don't like to plow up there and the snow was as deep as our bumpers. Our little Corolla was struggling to say the least! We were driving through deep trenches of icy snow, and at one point a deer ran out in front of us. The snow was falling so heavy and so furiously, our visibility was often reduced to 5-10 feet. I was so nervous and just kept praying for our safety.
When we finally arrived, safe and sound, my shoulders and neck were hard as rock from the anxiety filled ride - but my dear husbands response??? "That was fun!" Oi. The difference between men and women. Thank you God for your protection!
Well, the rest of the weekend was filled only with fun, rest and kid-sized Easter adventures. Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:
We were crazy Ohioans driving to Michigan for Easter, too. Very scary! But we had a great time, too. I love the snow bunny!
Auntie Linda
Post a Comment