"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Things They Say!`

This past weekend we had an extra house guest. 16 month old Emma stayed with us all weekend while her mommy and daddy were busy at the hospital having her baby brother, Charlie. Sophia loved having Emma around and got a lot of good practice for being a big sister.

On Sunday, when visting Emma's parents and baby Charlie at the hospital, Sophia and I were waiting by the elevator. Two lovely gentlemen, who happened to be African American, walked up. Sophia looks at the one and very loudly points and says, "Mom, he's Chinese!" Oi. What to say, what to do?? With my face turning as red as Bob the Tomato, I tried to explain that we work with International students and Sophia was used to seeing people that looked different to her and has a fascination with such things. He looked at me sort of funny and said, "Yeah, but what did she say??" I told him she had thought he was Chinese. He and his friend busted out laughing and my face continued to burn. I'm glad my daughter is aware and honest - though I'm discovering I care too much about what others might think because I don't handle the public honesty too well! :)

Tonight, over-tired and well past ready for bed, an extremely emotional little girl sat upon the potty before crawling into bed. She was crying, so her mommy handed her a tissue and told her to dry her tears and blow her nose. She dried her tears, and then burst into more tears explaining she just couldn't blow her nose "because I want to snore and I need that thing in there!" Well, how can you argue with that?? Let the buggie be and snore on sweet girl, snore on! :)

We had our monthly midwife appt. yesterday and Baby Bean has a strong heartbeat, and according to my tummy growth, Baby is growing fine too! Jamie was able to feel the baby moving the other night, which is always a fun occasion. We will be 18 weeks along this Friday and I think I waddle sometimes. :)

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hilarious comments by Sophia! Made me laugh! Glad to hear that your baby is doing well! Waddling already? You probably are hardly showing! At the part where you were talking about, "overtired and well past bedtime," I thought that you were talking about yourself at first because that's how I remember feeling being pregnant!

Anonymous said...

I love the boogie story! I can't wait to have stories like these to post. :) - Rachel