While waiting in the car waiting for Jamie to run into Wal-mart to pick up some caulk for our sink, I heard Sophia start to pray. I turned down the music and listened carefully! Then I quickly wrote down what I'd heard because, well, you'll see!
Some background... we recently had a conversation about riding bikes on the road instead of the sidewalk. At the time Sophia was trying to figure out why she had to stay on the sidewalk because she'd seen some "big people" riding on the road. I had told her she couldn't ride on the road till she was more grown up, maybe 16 (ha, we'll see if that works!).
The prayer:
Dear Jesus, I know you help us (fyi-this is how she starts every prayer!). Please, help me to stop growing because I don't want to ride my bike on the road and I don't want to buy a new one. Help Mommy and Daddy and me. And help Daddy with all his stuff (fyi -getting his caulk at Wal-mart) so we can go home quickly before time runs out.
No comments:
Post a Comment