How is it that me, a natural introvert, gets the most fearless and extroverted daughter ever??!! (her father's genes probably have something to do with it! :) ) I'm telling you, it doesn't matter if we are at the library, the grocery store or out on a walk. Sophia will say hi to anyone and everyone, multiple times if she gets no response, and if she sees a kid - of any age mind you- she immediately approaches them, disregarding all personal space boundaries, and, as she calls it, proceeds to "make a new friend." Now I am the type of person, that if I'm out in public, I would much rather blend in and not be noticed. I usually avoid asking for help because I'd rather just figure it out myself. Not my girl! If we're at the bank it's "can I have a sucker?" If we're at the library or grocery store she always asks for stickers. Once, while grocery shopping, I couldn't find a certain item and she said, "Mom, why don't you just ask the grocery man to help you?" :)
I admire and envy my daughter. She is so brave and though she has some maturing to do in the area... she is fearless to ask for what she wants. Now, we are working on being polite and appropriate in this area, but what a great natural building block for her in regards to approaching the Father without fear or reservation to submit her needs and desires to Him!
I find myself being embarrassed by the events that often happen when out in public with Sophia. Not because Sophia is embarrassing, but because I am so being stretched out of my comfort zone!!! I have so much to learn from her. She is so unashamedly and unconditionally friendly and kind to all strangers. And this no fear thing - man, that's a hard one for me!
So, here's to learning from a three-year-old - lessons that seem simple, but to me, a 27 year old mommy, stuck and might I say, comfortable, in my ways, are actually kinda hard!
1 comment:
Grant said "Hi" pretty loudly to an older man at the grocery store today and when he got no response he said, "He can't hear me mom!"
Post a Comment