"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Apple Hill Farm

Last week Sophia learned all about Johnny appleseed, so... Monday my Mom came down our way and helped me take the kids to an apple tree farm. It was very blustery and chilly, but we had so much fun! We picked a whole bushel of Jonathon apples, played in a teepee, talked to the resident goat and sheep, petted the kitty cat, and bought some apple donuts and apple cider - which we enjoyed once we got home!

I still need to make some applesauce with Sophia using all the apples we bought!

Enjoy reliving our day with some pictures ~
















0kay, quick note... Riley was all smiles looking at the sweet little goat, but as soon as the sheep got too near the fence...
His smiles turned into ....
THIS!
Sophia loved the animals though. She even figured out they liked hay and was picking up stray pieces to feed them through the fence.





5 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks like a good day! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Adorable! What a great day you had! I always loved field trips!

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun!
love,
mom

Anonymous said...

So cute. Your kids are getting so big. I think everytime I see a picture they look older. They are so stinking cute though. This made me really want to go apple picking. I used to go almost every fall in Ohio, but haven't done that yet in CO. Maybe I should look into it. I miss you!
Danielle

Jeni said...

Isn't if funny how the strangest things can make smiles into tears? Poor baby!!! Next year it'll have to be a cousin outing!