"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, September 11, 2009

A List

1. It is September 11. Eight years. Crazy. Today, for the first time I had the thoughts that some day I'd have to explain what all this "9/11" business is about to my kids. That will NOT be easy to explain.

Where were you when it happened? I was a junior in college and was observing an open-heart surgery. The first I heard of it was when someone in the room started receiving news reels about it on his pager. The surgeon then asked for the news to be turned on in the actual OR, than, after we all realized how huge and involved the news was, he had it turned off again, I'm guessing so all involved in dealing with this woman's OPEN HEART would be able to stay focused.

I had no idea what the World Trade Center was, or what the Twin Towers were. Not sure why, but I didn't. Now, I do.

Well, today I am remembering and being most thankful that I serve a God who is above all and a Savior who is our true source of meaning, comfort and hope.

2. I am approaching 11 1/2 weeks pregnant, and I am finally starting to have some energy again. I still tire easily, and remain extremely nauseous and have little appetite. BUT! It is wonderful to actually have the energy to get out of bed in the morning and participate in family life! Thanking Jesus for this step in the right direction!

3. Riley loves his new walking legs and is even running some now. He loves his Mama, but I think he's mostly a Daddy's boy. It's fun to see them wrestling and playing "boy" stuff. :)

4. Sophia and I have started doing school again, and she is starting to read!!! It is so fun to hear her sounding out all sorts of 3-letter words. She is also getting really good at simple math and I am simply looking foward to all the learning she will be doing this year. I just love teaching her. Doing school together is one of the most enjoyable things we do together and to see the joy in her eyes as she learns is so precious to me.

5. I think that's it. :) Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

Finally! A new post! :) YEAH to Riley for the running and YEAH to Sophia for the reading!!! How fun and exciting for both of them!!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

great to get an update on all of you! Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Love you all so much.
love,
mom

Lori said...

Hi Ruthie, remember me, we had a few emails back and forth a while ago, (I too live in Ohio) I found you from Gaines birth and hospital stay. Anyway, I am glad you made an appearance on the Daniels blog because I really wanted you to know Gaines is home now and didn't know how to find you.

Congrads on your third pregnancy, just remember all this bed rest is well worth it in the end.