"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, September 04, 2009

There it is

First item of news, from Sophia herself, who has done an excellent job at not spilling "the secret" even once for over a month!!!!


So, I am ten weeks along and due at the end of March. This baby was more of a "surprise" than our other two, but we are equally as excited and just feeling really blessed. God has been reminding me of my need to trust in Him more fully as I've had 4 other babies lost to miscarriage. These first few weeks are always a bit harrowing, but so far so good!

I am one of the "lucky" who get to experience a lot of nausea, etc... the first 16 weeks or so. It's been much more challanging to deal with already having two children, but this too is something to be thankful for! As long as I feel sick, I know I'm pregnant and baby is doing well.

You all may remember we kept Riley's gender a surprise, even from ourselves! We won't be doing that this time. I've experienced it both ways now, since we did find out with Soph. I prefere knowing, as does Jamie. We'll be sure to share once we know, in another 10 weeks or so... but, the name will remain a secret!

So, now you know why the lack of blogging. Mostly because I've been trying to just survive each day and being on the computer just doesn't make it very often these days! I'll be posting much more frequently again in weeks to come. Until then, do keep us in your prayers! Thank you!

Before I go...

In other news... way past due on reporting -
My son is one! Last Friday, August 28, Riley turned the big ONE! We were visiting friends in a different state, and I was so thankful for my dear friend going the extra mile to bake Riley a birthday cake. It was fun to share the special day with good friends and share his cake too! All six kiddos, and us four adults, enjoyed every last bite.

"Can't wait to taste that frosting!"

"What, me, have a little something on my face?"

"Whose letting me get away with this?"

"You are, Mommy!"

Best shot I could get of the two of them. Seriously! :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Riley is soooooooooooooo cute! I love Sophie telling the news!:)
love,
mom

Heather said...

Congrats!!! I will be praying for you during this feeling sick time. And how cute is Riley? Soooo cute!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear things have gone well thus far.