Today the kids and I had the chance to visit my sister and co.! [Jamie had to work :( ] They only live about an hour away now (yippee!), so a day trip was a great plan in my mind to make the day go faster while Jamie was working. The weather has been a bit rainy/stormy the last couple of days and the drive down there was intense! For about the last 1/2 hour the rain was crazy. My wipers were on full-blast and I could barely see. Everyone had slowed down a bit and had their hazards on just so each car could be seen. Sophia kept exclaiming, "Mom, I can't even see out of the windows!" I would answer her, "Yeah, me either." Driving like that for so long, with my precious babes in the car, and not having Jamie with me, well, I was a bit stressed! I kept praying for safety and strength and kept repeating, "I can do this, I can do this!" Well, God kept us safe and we arrived only a little bit late.
My sister made us a delicious lunch of enchiladas, fixings and milk-free chocolate chip cookies! It was all YUMMY! It was great to spend the day with my sister, brother-in-law, niece and Molly the dog.
Sweet Haddie. Cora kept stealing her paci. It wasn't too long ago the roles were different and it was Riley stealing Cora's paci!

Cora has this little purse, and Riley picked it up and started toddling about with it. We need to get him some sort of "man - bag." :)
If you think my kiddos have big eyes, check out their cousin's!
Sophia and Riley had fun playing outside in Cora's little pool. Jeni attempted to have Cora join them, but she hates the grass, and sitting in the pool wasn't amusing her too much either. She ended up being happiest sitting on a blanket wrapped up in a towel. She is so cute.
Towards the end of our stay the dog and the baby passed out on the couch.
2 comments:
We had so much fun too! I think we need to get a bigger pool, though. Or just another one and then Cora can have a splash-free zone! :) :) :) Sigh...hopefully soon she'll get used to having other kids around! :) Love you guys!
I prayed for you yesterday. I knew it was raining and the drive was going to be scary. I hate driving in rain. It is worse than snow!
I love the pictures and I am so you girls had a day together!
love,
mom
Post a Comment