"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Love of an Aunt/That's my boy

Cora Ann, my precious niece... how does one even describe the love of an Aunt? I mean, no, it's not exactly like how you love your own children, but I'm not sure anything could come closer to that than how you love your siblings' children. All I know is, last night when my sister called me in frantic tears because Cora had fallen and hit her head on the floor and she was limp and hardly crying... well, I freaked! I told Jeni to call 911 and I hit the floor sobbing and crying out to my God to save my sweet Cora-girl. I had no details at this point so I really had no idea how bad off Cora was. My heart felt like it was going to explode and I beseeched my Savior like never before.

Thankfully (oh, Thank you sweet Jesus!) Cora is okay. She simply tripped in the living room and fell down, hitting her head on the floor. Jeni went to scoop her up, expecting her to cry and fight to get out of Jeni's arms to continue playing. Instead, when Cora only cried for a few seconds, went limp in Jeni's arms, then proceeded to stop breathing and pass out, well, Jeni knew something was wrong! She shook Cora gently to get her to catch her breath, than called her hubby to come home, than called me. Then, of course she called the paramedics who arrived right quick. They assessed Cora and found all her vitals to be normal and no visible sign of injury. By this time Cora was talking and walking and acting more herself. So, based on the recommendation of the paramedics, they decided not to go to the ER and instead just kept a close eye on Cora all night.

I am so thankful that the Lord chose to preserve Cora last night. My mind reels at the alternative.

While I was on the floor in the kitchen crying and praying, sweet Riley walks in and starts kissing me and hugging me. I told him Cora had a boo-boo and he looks at me sort of puzzled and goes, "Cora, Cora." Oh, my sweet sweet boy.

Speaking of Riley... the other day Haddie was laying on the floor looking at her musical toy. Riley scooted under the toy next to her and just lay there playing with his little sister. It was so cute! I was glad to capture this cute moment so I can always remember it.





3 comments:

Jeni said...

Praise God from Whom all blessings flow!!!!!!!!!! now you know how I felt when Sophia cracked her head open a couple summers ago, and all the other things that have/could go wrong with your wee ones. They are precious, and I praise the Lord for them and for preserving their lives thus far!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this blog. All my children are so very precious. I think I will put them all in a bubble!!!
love,
mom

Jenny said...

I echo your thoughts on the love of an aunt. :) I'm so glad Cora is okay. That's so scary. Hannah fell down the stairs once, and my sister fought the panic until she knew Hannah was okay - then it set in. It's amazing that our bodies can do that. Regardless, I'm glad everyone is okay!