Jamie and his sweet Grandma.
We spent the night at Jamie's parents' house Friday and were able to hang out with them into the afternoon. (well, i didn't do too much hanging out... I slept in. ;) ) Saturday afternoon we took the kids to my parents' house and headed to a nearby city to have a night away while visiting some dear friends. It was our first night leaving Haddie, which means it was our first totally kid-free night in over a year! It was much needed and we were so thankful to have had that! Poor Haddie was not so into it and did not really sleep.
Jamie and I had a fabulous time having a little dinner date before heading to spend the night at our friends' home Saturday night. We talked way too late into the night and worshipped the Lord together the next morning. After sharing lunch and the afternoon on Sunday it was time to go pick the kiddos up and head home.
I can't believe both Jamie and I are now 30. It really seems surreal. So, the day after Jamie's birthday is also a special day. It is the day Jamie asked me to marry him. After waiting and anticipating for weeks, he was actually able to surprise me and it was just one of the most magical moments of my life!
I still say yes every day, and until breath leaves my body, I will always say yes.
I love my Jamie. He is a gift I don't deserve and a gift I will never stop being thankful for.
Jamie, I treasure the time we spent together celebrating your birthday. I love you.
|
4 comments:
Beautiful!
love, mom
Very sweet! We think he's a pretty swell guy too! :)
Happy Birthday, Jamie! Sounds like you all enjoyed the celebration!
Loved reading this! You certainly have a special guy. And I'm so happy you were able to sneak away for the night! =)
Post a Comment