"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Kitchen

Yesterday was quite a day.  It involved a lot of drama caused by one little certain boy in residence here.  After lunch, while folding laundry in the basement, he happily pointed to the far corner and said, "Snake Mama!"  AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!  There is nothing, save losing a loved one, I fear more than snakes.  I gathered the children and went upstairs - totally petrified!  Long story short, Jamie came home on his lunch break and Riley proudly held up a green snail toy of Haddie's and said, "Green snake Dad!"  Whew!

Then, I was trying to rest a bit and woke up to Riley playing in the fridge with a...


raw egg 
- that was no longer in tact.  

Egg yolk and goo and shell...

every.where.

Then, while jumping in the shower I came out to find Riley on the couch with some green markers and green marker ink on the couch.  

Deep Breath.

So, today is going much better I'm happy to report.  :)

I left early this morning to attend and help serve at a Women's Conference.  It was so nice to sit and serve and listen and worship with no kids in tow.

While I was off doing that some wonderful men (my hubby, my Dad, my BIL and a good family friend) were/are tackling the renovation of my kitchen!!!  


This is what my living room looks like right now - full of all the kitchen/dining room "stuff."

What was...

What is...
(crazy handy man happily included! ha!)

What will be...
???

What was...

What is...

What will be...
???

Can't wait to show you the after, which I'm still not sure what it will look like, but I know there will be NO carpet, no wood paneling and no wall-paper!  I can't wait!!!

What are you up to this weekend?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Riley sounds like he keeps you on your toes! And the kitchen renovation looks like fun! I'm sure you'll love it when it's done. :)