This sweet little lady had her one-year check-up today.
It was sort of a rough check-up. At Haddie's 9 month check-up, back in December, she weighed 16 pounds, was wearing size 3 diapers and was wearing 6-9 month clothes. You can see what she was looking like then in this post.
A few weeks ago Haddie had had diarrhea for about 8 days in a row and when I finally took her into the doctor she weighed 17 pounds (which at the time put her at the 5th % on the growth chart, which was lower than at her 9 month check-up @ 16 lbs, but we figured it was due to the diarrhea).
Well, today, at over 12 months old she only weighed 16 pounds again. She still wears size 3 diaper and though I put her in a lot of 12 month clothes because she's gotten them as gifts for both Christmas and her birthday, she really fits better in 6-9.
In addition to her not having gained any weight (she has gotten a bit taller) she also has a dreadful double ear infection! I wasn't aware of this as she wasn't showing a whole lot of symptoms, aside from not sleeping that great - which I had just attributed to teething. Poor girl!
She got two vaccines today and a finger stick to check her iron levels. Her doctor wanted to rule out anemia since she's not gaining weight.
The plan with her weight is to give her a few months to see if we can fatten her up a bit. If she's still not gaining at her 15 month check-up then we'll probably do some blood work to make sure there is nothing underlying this.
Sophia and Riley were Haddie's size when they were about 6 months old, so it is strange having a one year old so tiny! I am praying that she starts gaining weight and that nothing else is wrong!
Other than that, she is doing great. Walking like crazy, saying, "Mama" and "Mommy," is really into books and brushing her teeth and clapping!
5 comments:
She is so cute Ruthie. I really hope she is able to put on some weight and that there is nothing wrong.
Danielle
Oh!!!!!! I don't like hearing this! I'll pray she's just petite and that nothing else is going on. Poor thing! :(
What a total cutie-pie! May she gain what is needed and grow into the beautiful girl she was created to be.
Grammy and Grampy are praying for our sweet Haddie!'
love,
mom
Sounds like Hannah - had some tests done and found out nothing was wrong. She was always wearing clothes intended for younger children, does not gain weight quickly, etc. Hannah's tests came out okay, so I pray this is true for Haddie if you get to that point!
Post a Comment