People remark a lot about how quiet you are and stoic (i.e. nursery volunteer at church might say, "She was good. She was so quiet and didn't smile or anything."). This always makes me chuckle because I have heard you scream when you don't get your way or if your brother or sister are doing something you don't like. You may be tiny, but you are mighty! You also have the best smile and laugh, but you don't just dole them out for anyone. Your favorite book is full of real-life babies making funny faces. It makes you giggle so much! I've never seen a one-year-old able to say so much with her expressions. You often look perturbed or put out with a simple look. It's cute and funny, now... but I guess we'll be working on that one before too long. :)
You LOVE to climb! One day I found you at the top of the bunk bed ladder. You also like to climb chairs, slides, the rock wall on our play set... basically anything and everything that can be climbed, you will try to climb!
Last week you went to the doctor for an ear ache and weighed in at 18 pounds. You still wear a size 3 diaper and are in 12 mos. clothes. I distinctly remember your sister hitting 20 pounds around 9 months. Riley was about the same. To think that you are almost 15 months and still so tiny is so different for me, but I love it too. I'm glad you gained a couple of pounds. I have no doubts you are healthy, just petite!
You love your brother and sister so much and love to try and do everything they can do. Recently you've loved getting in your brother's bed and laying there before bedtime. It is SO cute to see you two cuddling and looking at books. The quiet play never lasts long though and I usually have to rescue you from your overly rambunctious brother and his rough-housing ways.
You are on the verge of speaking. You've said a couple words once or twice. Nothing super consistent yet, but I know it's coming! Mommy though, you definitely have that one down! It's pretty cute to hear you calling for me, "Mommy! Mommy!" I love your little voice. You win some brownie points because your brother only grunted at me until after his 2nd birthday! :)
I love you Hadassah Anne. Jesus truly blessed Daddy and me with a gift when He gave you to us. I pray you serve Him in big and mighty ways as your grow.
1 comment:
I love this so much and I love Haddie so much! love,
mom
Post a Comment