"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Why Not?

This past Easter my sister, Jeni, and I planned to dye eggs with the kids.  Easter was a bit hectic this year with four hyper kids and Jeni being pregnant, etc... so we never did get around to dyeing the eggs.  Sophia never forgot though and has been asking to do it ever since.

Fast forward to last weekend.  Sophia found an egg dyeing kit in the free pile at a garage sale.  Ever since Saturday she's been asking to use it.  So, I bought an extra dozen eggs this week and today was the day.  Riley, Jamie and I joined in on the fun.  

Who says you can't dye Easter eggs in August?



This was one of Jamie's contributions.  :)  



I love Riley's face in the following pictures.  And Sophia in this shot?  


Can anyone say, "America's Next Top Model?"





It was really fun to do this today and now we get to enjoy some hard-boiled eggs.  I'm looking forward to some egg salad.  Riley is waiting for them to hatch into dinosaurs.  :)



3 comments:

Jeni said...

They're so cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Love this!!!!!
love,
mom

Jenny said...

Looks like a fun activity!