"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cashing In

I was thinking tonight as I was writing an email to one of my Amy-friends (I happen to have three great friends all named Amy) how wealthy we'd be if we got paid for all the roles we fill. For myself it's mommy, wife, church-planter's wife (same husband as the plain wife category :) ), friend, daughter, sister, mentor, etc... and all the tasks and duties those roles require. I'm sure you're currently thinking of all the roles you fill as a woman. I say we'd be just about bazillionaires! :) So, then I thought, well, actually we are. It's just our bank account happens to be in heaven and we won't be "cashing in" till we've "cashed out!" hehe Forgive me, I'm tired and giddy and that silly joke just couldn't be stopped.

p.s. I had to share that with all my blog readers Amy M. :)

No comments: