"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Musings

Hmmm... usually I have a clear idea of what I want to write about when I begin a post. Tonight I don't really know where my words will lead, so let us begin this adventure together! Authentice Chinese Food - now there is something! Effie and Gloria, two of our Taiwanese friends, had us over for dinner last night. They prepared a feast for us, and it was yummy! There were a few items that I couldn't quite get down, mainly due to the spice content! Praying our friendships with them will help bring them to the Lord. (some fun factoids - in the Chinese culture, soup is served last, not first. ovens practically don't exist due to energy supplies - therefore pretty much all the food is steamed, fried or boiled. due to over population and lack of farm animals - due to space contraints - human manure is often used to fertilize, therefore raw veggies are rarely consumed.)

The trick of the Outlet Mall. Another thing to ponder... Why is 75% or even more, of the merchandise at these so-called "outlets" not even sale price??? I go envisioning amazing finds, deals and sales. I usually leave with merchandise - but not much left in my pocket. It's a sham I tell you, a sham!

Discipleship/mentoring/accountability... words that should mean a lot to you if you are saved. Do we put them into practice? Are they a part of our lives? I have never been formally mentored, though I wish for it. There are a few women who have definitely been a huge influence on me though and have been informal mentors. The Lord has impressed upon me the importance of mentoring young women and has blessed me with Val. She is a gem and such an encouragement. I've also been given the chance to meet with two other mommies once a week to go through a book about being mentors to our children. God is good. He so often provides for our needs before we've even realized we have the need! Thank you Jesus.

If you are saved and are not mentoring another women and have no accountability group or someone mentoring you - pray that the Lord would provide opportunities for you to be involved in such things. The time spent will be so fruitful and the growth potential is amazing! I know you will be blessed!

Well, I think I could write on and on and on, but housework calls me, yes, it calls even at 10:13pm! ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ruthie! It's been a while since I looked over your blog. It's so neat to see your family and ministry blossoming. We miss you guys & hope to be able to make a trip down to see you soon!