The weather has been so hot and humid lately. Our house stays cool for the first couple hot days, but then, not so much. It also really holds on to the humidity. So, for this VERY pregnant asthmatic, not ideal conditions. Today it rained, and it rained hard! No thunder, no lightening, just a long, hard summer evening rain. Soph and I had just finished dinner and were bummed that we couldn't take a walk. Well, I suggested we run outside in our bare feet and play in the rain! Of course I didn't have to convince Sophia that this was a good idea. I quickly threw some beach towels by the front door for our reentry, and off we went! I wonder if any neighbors were looking out their windows at us. It was so refreshing, so blissful, so fun. It definitely took me back to my childhood days of playing in the rain with friends in Africa. Soph had a blast running and jumping through puddles, splashing Mom and getting soaked. She said she was a bit chilly, but I was loving it so much I convinced her to stay out just a bit longer. :) By the time I was ready to go in though, she was begging to stay out longer!
After we were dried off we decided to paint our toe nails. Soph always likes doing that and has been asking me to paint hers for a few days now. What a good rainy day activity. So, we have matching pink toe nails!
Tonight's activities made me realize I need to cherish these last weeks of only having one kiddo on the outside. Spontaneous rain play and toe nail painting won't come so easily once Baby Bean is born, at least for awhile. Thankful for my sweet Sophia tonight.
1 comment:
She is such a precious child! :) How fun to play in the rain!!! I can't wait to do things like this one day!!! I love the photos of Soph all dressed up--reminds me of her Mama! :) :) :) :) The close-up of her is beautiful!!! Love you dear sister!!!
Post a Comment