Sunday we drove to Akron to be with our family and take part in all the funeral services for Grandma Hanna. Jamie and I wanted Sophia to be a part of the process while also protecting her from things that might scare her or just be too much for her to understand at her age. We opted to not take her to calling hours as there was an open casket and she understands Grandma is in heaven, so we knew seeing the body would not only be scary but very confusing.
Sunday evening there was a dinner for the family and Monday morning we had a short service at the graveside followed by a celebration service and lunch at the church. It was so neat to hear stories of Grandma Hanna and just see the love flowing from people who knew here longer than I did. One of the neat things she did was sew wedding dresses. There was a photo album full of brides in their "Hanna sewn" gowns - including my mom! Apparantly, all she ever asked for in return was a picture. That is a demonstration of her loving and generous heart. We really miss her and hurt especially for Grandpa, but God remains good and ever faithful.
God really gave Jamie and I wisdom and grace as we navigated our little girl through everything Sunday and Monday and we feel confident that she was able to be a part of it without getting scared or confused. Thank you Jesus!
My Dad is out with Grandpa today buying him a computer!!! He'll be learning how to surf the web, check our blogs and email. Hanna really had encouraged him to do this and I think it'll be a fun challange for him.
After funeral services on Monday we were going to spend the rest of the day/evening at my Mom and Dad's with Jeni and David to celebrate my Da'd's birthday, which was Tuesday. Since the Spring, my asthma has been horrible, and since our Dr. is still in Cuyahoga Falls, I had called to see if I could get in Monday afternoon before my Dad's birthday party to try and get a new inhaler or something to get my breathing (or lack there of) under control. Well, my regular physician was out of town so I saw her partner. Very nice Dr. and we liked her. She examined me and listened to me describe my symptoms. She started to get very concerned because things in her mind weren't adding up to just worse asthma. She suspected I could have a blood clot and that it could be in my lungs! So, she sent us immediately over to Akron City Hospital where Jamie and I went to the Labor and Delivery unit for further examination and testing. To say the least, we were scared.
Well, the dr. there examined me and determined I wasn't showing symptoms of a blood clot, so they drew some blood to rule out a few other things and monitored me and Baby Bean for a couple of hours. My mind of course is spinning with the varying opinions of Dr.s I've never met before. By the time we left the hospital, 10:15 that night, I felt confident with their diagnosis that it was just worsening asthma and not a blood clot. They prescribed a steriod inhaler and suggested I get some allergy medicine (one of my main triggers). I started all that new med. today and am praying I start breathing better, more consistantly, soon!
So, it was a whirlwind few days. I'm so thankful for God's mercy. I don't love having my asthma worse, but sure prefer that to a blood clot in my lung (potentially fatal, in case you didn't know)!
Baby Bean is doing just fine! Kicking up a storm and growing great. Sophia has two more days of swim lessons and is really having fun in the water.
Take care and have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment