It's been a bit since I last posted and I have a few funny tidbits from The Sister to share...
About a week ago, Sophia approached me and showed me her arm, and in utter horror exclaimed, "There is hair on me! I am going to be hairy like Daddy!" I told her that everyone had hair on them, after all, she is a mammal (that freaked her out a bit... "I'm a what??"). I told her even girls get hair on their arms. "No Mommy, only boys. I'm going to be hairy like a boy." I tried to reassure her, that though she would have hair on her arms, it wouldn't grow to be like Daddy's. :)
A few days ago Sophia exclaimed that she would be going to dress up like a lion. I was busy with something and off she went. I expected her to return in some sort of costume compiled from things in her room. Well... she had a different idea. She hollered out something about Daddy's underwear and I noticed her voice was coming from my room. So... I go to my room and find my daughter, totally stripped down, out of ALL her clothes she was wearing, trying desperately to keep up a pair of Jamie's boxers on her bottom half while keeping hold of one of my bras on her top half! A lion??? I don't really know, I just don't know... :)
On Monday night we were headed out to do some shopping. It was already dark of course and so we were having fun seeing the Christmas lights. We passed a business establishement of some kind that had lights EVERYWHERE! The entire surface area of the building was covered in lights, roof, walls, everything. It was crazy. I looked at Jamie and said, "That is ridiculous!"
In her most desperate, dramatic voice, Sophia yelled out from the back seat, "NO! It's b e a u tee fuuuullllll." I told her I had meant it was ridiculously beautiful, of course! :)
Do you have a funny "kid-ism" to share? Maybe from yesterday, maybe from long ago?? Do comment, I'd love a good laugh!
Ruthie :)
6 comments:
Holy Toledo!!! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying! :) :) :) I seem to remember you being freaked out about the hair on your arms...I didn't know lions wore boxers and bras. Oh to be inside her head and to know why that made sense! :) I do love that kid so much!
Apparently my friend, Hannah's babysitter, took her to the mall today, and Hannah took a sucker from Santa Claus. When he asked her what she wanted for Christmas, she said, "Tia."
That's me!
It's both funny and makes me feel very awesome!
She has also been known to wake up and tell her mommy, "Mommy, I sleep tight!" She's such a funny kid! Love your Soph stories... keep 'em coming!
How fun is Sophia! Of course no fun kids stories of my own to share, but I should start a blog just for the funny things kids say at work. I think of some really good ones and let you know sometime.
Ruthie, I laughed so hard, tears were coming down my cheek!
I just remembered when you and Amy would dress up in some really funny clothes!:) Also your thank you note that you sent to Grandma Marie and told her to pass it on to Grandma and Grandpa!:)
love,
mom
I am teaching preschool to 3-5 year olds. Yesterday was Polar Express day, and the kids were all very excited. They got to wear their pajamas and we made gingerbread cookies and hot chocolate...a very busy day! Well, one of my boys would not listen to anything my aides or myself told him. So I pulled him over to the phone and called my husband on the phone, pretending it was Santa Claus. Scott went along with me and talked to the boy. Forget the fact that Santa said that he wouldn't get presents if he didn't follow directions...the boy was so excited that he "talked to Santa" that he wasn't even listening. As soon as we hung up the phone, he ran over to his friends and yelled out enthusiasticly that he just talked to Santa!! Then all the kids wanted to talk to him...so much for using it as a behavior modification technique!!
-Melissa Galloway
Having seven niece and nephews, I could write many stories that could cause you to chuckle. I could even come up with some with David - but I won't write them here! :)
The one story that comes to mind is one with two of my nephew who were three and four years of age. The year was 1984 and the "hit" movie was "Gremlins." I had not seen the movie, but the boys had and had "toy" gremilns to play with.
It was bath time, and they always wanted toys in the tub to play with once all the washing was completed. So, Aunt Sue goes through the house to find some toys. Unknown to me, you were not suppose to get the gremlins wet! I threw the gremlins into the water and oh my goodness - the screaming and clawing to get out of that water was unbelievable. Scared the daylights of me, and my brother comes running to see what had happened. The boys are scrambling to get out of the tub with me trying to keep them in!
He took one look into the water and instantly knew what the problem was - the gremlins were in the water!! Should they get wet, apparently they became mean critters. My brother, the hero, took the gremlins out of the water and buried them. That pleased the boys and the baths could continue. When I think back at the looks on their faces - it is funny now - but not back then. I was very careful as to what toys got wet after that. The toys from that point on always had the boys approval!
When we all get together they love hearing some of these stories, and oh the laughter that flows through the house is a sweet sound. I wish I had kept a journal of some of these funny happenings, because they love hearing their Dad, Mother, Grandmother, and me tell "old" stories! They also loved hearing their Grandfather tell stories as well - oh the years have gone by so fast.
Your precious Sophia and Riley will give you many moments to remember - write them down and you will be able to give them a book to share and to remember!
Love and prayers,
Sue
Post a Comment