"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, April 24, 2009

Significance

Today is significant for so many reasons!

1. It's my Mom's birthday today!!! I love my Mom so much. She has taught me so much in this life. She is my example and inspiration of being a good wife and mother, she constantly inspires me to be a better prayer warrior, she taught me how to trust the LORD, she gave me my gift with children and my sensitive spirit. I love how my Mom is so faithful and loyal, and I love her generous spirit. She has taught me the gift of being a giver rather than a taker. I admire her ability to be on time everywhere she goes, one thing I am definitely NOT good at. To put it simply, my Mom is one amazing woman who loves our Lord Jesus and I am privilaged to call her Mom and friend. I love you Mom!!! Happy Birthday!!!




2. Today my niece, Cora, is four weeks old! How the time flies. As I mentioned earlier this week, I was able to go visit Cora (and her parents :) ) for a couple of days this week. I adored being able to hold her and cuddle her. She is such a bright, beautiful little girl. And I adore her nice, full head of hair, that looks like it's going to be curly (I didn't get any pictures of her though :( )!!!





Not only is Riley very into crawling now, but he loves pulling himself up to stand!

3. Today a group of people, all of whom love the Lord and are bloggers (with significant followings), are traveling to Calcutta, India for a ten day mission trip, in conjunction with Compassion, the child-sponsorship organization. Each member of the group will be blogging about their experiences. It is a great way to raise awareness for the work that Compassion is doing around the world and a great way to encourage folks to sponsor kids!!!

Jamie and I recently started sponsoring a sweet boy from India and just received our packet of info to get started with correspondence. We are excited to play this teeny, tiny part to help at least one child in need.

Angie Smith, writer of the blog Bring the Rain, and mommy to Audrey Caroline, is on this trip. You can follow her experience in India by reading her blog.

If you don't currently, I encourage you to pray about sponsoring a child. It's a pretty small thing that can really make a huge difference in the life of a child.






Click on the above picture to learn more!




Have a wonderful day! Here in my neck of the woods it is sunny, blue skies and over 80 degree temps!!! We are loving it.






Ruthie :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I just have to say that Sophia looks JUST LIKE your Mom! Sounds like we both have fantastic moms - what a blessing from the Lord. Enjoy this great weather!

Anonymous said...

Thank you my sweet Ruthie!
love, mom