We started out our humble (yeah right!) meal with two appetizers; breaded and fried artichoke hearts served with garlic aeoli sauce & Parmesan cheese stuffed dates wrapped in bacon (they were cooked that way some how, warm, gooey, salty, sweet - so good!). We then shared a thin crusted, tomato, basil and cheese pizza. Light, crisp and tasty! Of course we finished our meal by sharing the Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. I'm sure we could have each polished off our own piece, but we decided it'd be more prudent (and cost effective) to share a piece. I cut that thing down the middle though, with quite the precision too, might I add, because I knew we'd be trying to each get the last bite in! :)
Anyways, that dessert - it did not disappoint! One of the best things that has ever graced my taste buds.
Sophia asked me the other day if there would be toys in heaven. Leave the toys God, but please, bring the Godiva cheesecake! :) (Totally kidding folks. I know I won't be thinking of cheesecake when I'm in the presence of the Creator of the Universe.)
It was so fun to linger over a meal with just my husband.
We finished off his birthday with a simple party at his parents' house. My Mom and Dad joined us and we ate pizza and carrot cake. We really enjoyed our low key day, spent among family.
***
At dinner tonight, Sophia pushed her plate of pasta and salad away from her, saying she was done eating. She hadn't eaten a whole lot, so I asked if she was really full. "No," she replied, "I'm not full, I'm just done with the healthy food and I'm ready for my cake now." :) Well, I helped her eat a few more "healthy" bites before she was allowed to enjoy her dessert.
***
After reading MckMama's blog today, I've been burdened to pray specifically for the Family of God to show up in a big way to help support them. If they do have to move Stellan to another hospital, somewhere else in the country, the financial, logistical, etc... issues will be huge! I'm praying that fellow believers that have means to help financially - will, that folks who are near to their current home and then near to wherever they may relocate, can and will help with meals, transportation, lodging, childcare for their other three kids, etc... Please pray with me that God's people, Jennifer's brothers and sisters in Christ, will be supportive in tangible ways for their family!
***
The blog that started me on my current blog obsession, Bring the Rain, by Angie Smith, is worth checking out this week (and always, in my opinion!). Angie's daughter, Audrey, for whom the blog was even started, was born last April 7, and died the same day. So, her birthday is this Tuesday. Please pray for Angie and Todd, and their other three daughters, as they go through this time. She currently has a really amazing song up on her blog, but it will only be up for 3 days!!! Click HERE to get to it. If you're able, I encourage you to check it out!
Have a blessed week everyone!
Ruthie :)
No comments:
Post a Comment