"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Handwoven Baskets I mean, Tupperware, anyone?

Okay, due to me being too chicken to get close enough and obvious enough to get a good picture, you may have to look closely. But, what we have here is one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. On the right you have the lovely Amish gentleman selling handwoven baskets. Just feet away, under a little tent, you have some woman, I'm sure just as lovely, selling, yes... authentic Tupperw@re! Does that strike anyone else as totally hilarious?

It did me. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

funny!
love,
mom

Jeni said...

HA! HA! HA! HA! Sounds like something you'd see here! :)

Anonymous said...

Kind of reminds me of walmart and other big companies. You've got a sucessful small business owner, and along comes the competition setting up shop right next door. Now the question I have is which is more superior: the time-tested Amish wares, or the chemically processed Tupperware, which may potentially be filled with chemicals that can harm you and cause cancer?

P.s. I tried to get her in much closer and even drove bye several times very slowly and awkwardly paparazzi style.

Love you baby;)