Happy Friday all. I continue to be heavy-hearted and prayerful about all the people in Haiti. I've been telling Sophia a lot about it too. We've had the globe out and have talked through what it might be like not to have clean water or a hospital to go to if you were hurt or sick. Jamie and I will be figuring out what we can afford to give this weekend. I know so many people are in financial straights right now, we are too - so it feels overwhelming to think that our measly couple dollars could actually do anything to bring relief. But, I rest confident that God knows our hearts, and that's all that matters! I know God has the ability to bless the generosity of His Church and multiply our contributions, no matter the size or method.
I read quite a few blogs and there is a lot of ways to help right now! Whether it's giving money to an organization you trust and believe in, doing something crafty, praying - praying - praying, raising awareness, actually going to Haiti to offer physical aide, etc... I really believe there is something each of us can and should do to help if we are sensitive to the Spirit and listen - He will guide us!
So, how are you feeling about this? I have a lot more thoughts, along the lines of how it seems folks rise up and help so readily and call on God and pray like never before, when a catastrophe like this happens. But, I've been really convicted about my every day. Am I compelled to always be sacrificially giving to those in need? Do I feel the urge to help in practical ways on a daily basis, those people and situations God has laid on my heart? Am I burdened to pray, really pray for The Church and the Lost each and every day? I haven't worked out my thoughts and feelings on all this yet, but I don't think I'm hitting the mark, not like God really desires me to. And the biggest issue, isn't what I'm doing that others could actually measure, but the condition of my heart in relation to all of this.
I'm rambling. My thoughts and heart have just been so stirred up by all of this. What are your thoughts?
Praying you have a blessed weekend! Hug those you love extra close!
1 comment:
I love your new background!!!! That aside...thank you for your tender heart and your passion to help those in need in Haiti. We watched "60 Minutes" last night and it was quite gruesome! The US dr they were interviewing wanted the camera to show everything, not hide the horrid-ness of it all. they are bulldozing the dead bodies into mass graves because they don't have the time or resources to bury people properly and for sanitation reasons they have to bury the dead. It's so horrifying! If you get a chance to see it online it was very well done, I thought and really made you see the reality of what it happening. Anyway! We're praying about how much/what to give in aide.
Post a Comment