"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Busy Busy!

I have so much to share from this weekend. Friday Sophia and I were at her dress rehearsal for her upcoming ballet recital, while Jamie hosted our church small group at our house. I left Haddie at home, thinking we'd be back in time for me to feed her and to be a part of the second half of small group. Nope! The rehearsal took a long time and my dear friend left small group to bring Haddie to me so I could nurse her. Soph, Haddie and I got home just in time to say goodbye to everyone.

Saturday my parents and my sister, and BIL (plus niece Cora and dog Molly) all came to our house for the day. The men worked on getting our front deck, which Jamie and my Dad started building a few weeks ago, closer to completion. After a long, hot, humid day of hard work, the men got all cleaned up and we all went to Sophia's ballet recital! Jamie's Mom and Grandma joined (Jamie's Dad was sick and unable to join us - we missed him!), as did Shirmy (the student who lives with us). Sophia did excellent and we had a good time!

Yesterday we went to church then came home, ate lunch and cleaned up the house. I was the photographer for some friend's from our church who were getting married in the afternoon, so I left around 3:25p to get to the park where the event was. Jamie and the kids followed behind about a half hour later. I stayed for the full festivities, and didn't get home until 6p. Jamie had taken the kids home earlier. As soon as I got home it was time to start something else! Our dear friend, Karen, is heading home to Taiwan this week, so we were hosting a goodbye party for her. Everyone left around 9pm and I just about collapsed!

So, I have lots of pictures to share, but that will have to wait. Sophia is taking part in her first VBS this week and we have many other things going on too. So, no rest for the weary. :)

I will leave you with this funny story and the promise of pictures to come!

Last night as folks were leaving our house, Shirmy told us about something that had happened the night before. Shirmy's room is really the converted breezeway (the room that connects the house to the garage) of our house . To get to her room from our bedrooms you have to walk through the whole house. Apparently, around midnight Saturday night, Shrimy was laying awake in bed, and who should stumble into her room and try to get into her bed but Sophia - totally sleepwalking!!! Shirmy could tell Soph was not awake so she scooped her up and took her back to bed. Soph couldn't believe she had done that. :)

Have a great Monday!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I really enjoyed Soph's group at the recital. I'm glad she had such a good turnout of family. And I'm curious - which church people got married? Would I know them? Sounds like life has been busy but fun!

Jeni said...

HA! HA! HA! Seems Sophia has your sleep-walking abilities! :)