"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

I am so not ready!

Sophia has been attending VBS this week. She's never gone before, so this has been very exciting for her! She's been having so much fun and it's been a joy to see her experience something new.

Though I miss her like crazy, it has been nice to have only two kiddos in the morning. With Haddie sleeping most of that time, and Riley playing, I am able to get a fair amount of stuff done! I started wondering if maybe it wouldn't be so bad if she went to school this coming Fall (we're homeschooling this coming year).

Well, day after day of loading all three kids up in the car, often times having to wake a very content sleeping baby to do so, drive to VBS, unload all the kids, drop off Soph by 9am, reload Haddie and Riley, drive home, unload Haddie and Riley, just to turn around and do it all over again to get Soph by noon - well, I am SO not ready! All of the loading and unloading and dropping off and picking up is exhausting! If we sent Soph to school, whether private or public, I'd have to take her, as our public school is within walking distance so no buses for us! This is by no means the main reason we're choosing to homeschool Soph this coming year, but I have realized this week, that it definitely is a factor and one I am not ready to tackle!

I'm thankful that our area has a lot to offer the homeschooling family in regards to extracurriculars, so I know Soph will get her peer fix next year without having to go to school. I'm also thankful that, for at least next year, I won't have to do the dropping off, picking up thing!

And, just because they are cute and I know it will make their Grandmas and Aunts smile... here are the kiddos that make all this dropping off and picking up so exhausting! :)





3 comments:

Jenny said...

Those are great shots of the kids. The dropping off picking up thing would be exhausting, I'm sure!

Anonymous said...

they are so adorable!!!
love,
mom

Jeni said...

hee! Hee! You may not be ready, but they are so cute! :)