"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Will they grow?



A few weeks ago my sister Jeni got all these little potted plant kits for Soph. They decorated the pots but ran out of time to plant. So, we brought the pots home and finally got around to planting them today! We'll see if they grow... :)

In preparation for planting, we had to soak the little peat pellets in water than fluff them up with a fork. After the planting was done Sophia continued to play with the fork and one of the plastic containers we'd used. Mud, of course, was her medium of fun. A few hours later we were outside and I asked her where my fork was.

"In my [rain] boot."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, it's in there drying out. I didn't want your kitchen to get all muddy."

"Well... thank you. That was very thoughtful."

:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha!
love,m
mom

Jeni said...

HA! HA! HA! I'm glad you were finally able to get them planted! I hope they grow! I"ll expect photos of the progress! Oh, did you plant CHIVES in teh chives pot? :)

Jenny said...

That's cute (Soph putting your fork in her boot)! Hannah did the same project earlier this summer, but I don't think they ever got around to planting them. The best laid plans, you know... ;)