"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A First

Last night Sophia had her first sleepover! We invited her friend, Feibi over for the night. I think they had a lot of fun! Jamie picked up Feibi on the way to Soph's ballet class. Then, they came home and we all ate dinner. After dinner I took the girls to the library and along with some books and videos for the week, Soph and Feibi chose a video together to watch later that night. When we returned from the library two neighborhood girls were riding by on their bikes so they all went in our back yard and played till almost nightfall! I love watching girls this age play, it takes me back to when I was that age and a time in my life that is so precious to me. Sophia is the youngest here, at five and a half. The other three girls are all almost ten, but Sophia gets along famously with them!



Enthralled in their movie, Tinkerbell. :) Somewhere during the movie we paused it to eat some s'mores made in the microwave. Then, they finished the movie and we read a book. They then got into their beds and read until they fell asleep.


Sound asleep! :)

This morning, before Feibi left, the girls were practicing their dance moves! :)

I'd say it was a successful first sleepover! If Soph is anything like me, this will be just the first of many...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Starting her early with the sleepover treats! Smores are pretty normal though compared to what we used to make. :) Miss those snacks.
Danielle

Jenny said...

Looks like a wonderful time! Glad Soph had fun. :)

Jeni said...

I still can't believe she's old enough to have a sleep over! Where did our baby girl go???? SO CUTE!!!! :) Sleepovers are the BEST!

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this, but I will have to say I got a little misty-eyed. Our little girl is growing up so fast. It just seemed like yesterday that she was our baby!!!
love,
mom