"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Soph-isms

As I write this, it is a hot July afternoon and I find it's nice to think back to Easter of 2008, when we were cold, cold, cold! And, up to our knees in snow!


Soon enough though, the snow melted and Spring sprung! Just a couple of months after that snowy Easter we found ourselves in the same spot, on the same stump! (okay, so it's not so miraculous - we were visiting my sister and BIL both times and this stump was across from there house)

I look at these pictures and I think, yup, that's my Soph... than I look at her in person and think - hey! Where did my toddler go?? Who told her she could just go grow into a school girl??

***

Yesterday morning Soph was in bed with me. Haddie was sleeping near by. Jamie and Riley were up and doing something in the other room. Riley was causing quite a fuss and being very noisy in the process. Sophia says to me, "Mommy, go help your husband."

Later that same day, sitting on the couch watching a video, and feeling ever so warm, she looks at me and quite dramatically says, "I could just dip my head into a whole bucket of ice-cream!"

:)



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tell Sophia that Aunt Cathy thinks dipping her head in a bucket of ice cream sounds soooo wonderful!
Love all her comments!

Jeni said...

She is so HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!! I love her and also agree dipping one's head in a bucket of ice cream is a fantastic idea! :)

Anonymous said...

Yum! I like the ice cream one! That does sound good. Grandma Russell would agree, too!:)
love,
mom

Jenny said...

She's a funny little girl! :)