"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Wedding Bells

In the summer of 2006 I was volunteering for my church's VBS.  There was a young college student that went to my church and was also helping out.  Her name was Val.  I knew her just a bit, but that summer, during VBS, she asked me if I would disciple her.  I have never been the same since. 

In the years of us studying the Word together, walking through trials, sharing joys, talking for hours, laughing and crying - my life has grown richer and more meaningful.  

Today, Val became a wife.  I almost feel like one of my children got married, and I guess, in a spiritual sense, this is true.

Valentina married Greg today, and I could not be more pleased.

Val is a special women.  She has such a heart for Jesus and strives to follow Him wholly.  

I have been praying and hoping for the perfect man to marry her for awhile now, and that man is definitely Greg!  He is just a fabulous fit for Val and loves her so beautifully.  When Jamie and I first spent time with Greg we felt like we'd known him always.  

Today as they exchanged vows and celebrated with family and friends the joy was just palpable.  I love Val, am so proud of her and happy for her, and I am so excited to welcome Greg into the fold of our little family.  

Congratulations Val and Greg!!! 




Sophia was privileged to be the flower girl at the wedding today!




She did a fabulous job and looked so beautiful!



The happy couple with the exuberant flower girl.



love you friend.

4 comments:

Jeni said...

How fun for Sophia!!!!!! I"m sure she did great and just LOVED being all dressed up! :) She was gorgeous!!!!

Unknown said...

Sophia is sooo beautiful!! I love the story of you and your friend Val. How special to be part of her wedding day!

Jenny said...

A nice tribute to your friendship. And cool for Soph that she got to be a flower girl!

Anonymous said...

This was a great Blog! Sophia looked so pretty. So did the bride!
love,
mom