"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Good stuff
Aren't you curious?
Really great prices!
Aren't you gonna check it out?
Going going gone...
Everyone can find a treasure!

Slashing of prices.
Astounding deals!
Lots of infant/children's clothing and toys.
Especially good lemonade sold by a cute 6 year old!

Yep.  This is what is consuming our weekend.  I have never hosted a garage sale before.  We'll see if I ever do it again.  I sat in the rain all day yesterday, thankfully I still had lots of customers and made some cash.  Today is cool and overcast, but the rain is staying away (so far).  It feels good to have cleaned out closets, baby clothes in storage, the kids' toys, books and some furniture.

Sophia is manning a lemonade stand today and even playing her harmonica for tips!  [all her idea]  So far she hasn't earned any tips.  Jamie and I have determined this small town just isn't ready for big city talent.  ;)

The hardest part about the garage sale for me is that talking to all of these strangers is totally out of my comfort zone!  I guess it'll be a growing experience for me.  :)

I am excited to make a few purchases with the money we earn.  We are selling the big high chair and will replace it with a booster seat for Haddie.  I also am selling my old dining chairs and can't wait to replace them!

Sophia willingly is letting me sell a lot of her older books - because I helped her find some newer books that she is now excited to buy with some of our profits!  It's all it the pitch with this girl of mine.

Have you ever had a garage sale?   Do you enjoy running or visiting garage sales??



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was good!