"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sweet Baby Boy

My dear sister gave birth to her second child, Benjamin Monroe, at 5 pm on Monday.  I got to drive to the hospital tonight to meet him - finally!  Instantly I thought he looked just like his Daddy.  I fell in love with him instantly and look forward to getting to know him as he grows.  I also look forward to seeing my kids play with him.  Almost seven years ago the first grandchild was born - Sophia - and now there are five!  

 Isn't he a sweet bundle of goodness?

 Those cheeks - my oh my!

 Big sister Cora came by while I was visiting.  She walks in going, "Baby Ben, Baby Ben."
I think she's loving her new brother but her feelings toward Mommy and Daddy are a bit up in the air right now.  ;)

 David, my great brother-in-law, holding his new son.

 My beautiful sister, me, and one baby who didn't want to smile for the picture. 
:)

Jeni,
I am so proud of you.  I know how hard this pregnancy was and how much you had to overcome to redeem your birth experience with Cora.  You are such an amazing woman and I am so thankful that the Lord gave you the birth story He did with Benjamin.  I am so happy for you and David.  God has blessed you with two beautiful children and I look forward to continuing walking this journey of motherhood alongside you.
I love you.


2 comments:

Jenny said...

Congrats to your sister and BIL, as well as the whole family!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for all of you. He is such a cutie, and yes those cheeks! Just want to reach through the computer and kiss them. Congrats on being an aunt again. Thinking of you.
Danielle