Yes! Sunday, August 28th, Riley turned the big 3! He is excited to be three and was SO excited for his birthday party. With a nice mixture of relatives and friends, cool weather and some yummy treats, the party went off well. Riley asked for a "Lightening" birthday party, so I did my best to make a race track cake and had Piston Cup favors ("You did what in your cup?" -Mater =) ) and "Cars'" tatoos and balloons. Riley got totally spoiled with some great new clothes and some awesome new toys, books and puzzles!
All day he had to check in on his cake to look at it. I had to tell him, more than once, that he couldn't lick the frosting. :)
The Kids' Table.
Riley, before opening all his loot.
Jamie and I got him Buzz and Woody from "Toy Story," and this was his face upon opening the package. Priceless!
He is in little boy heaven.
Happy Birthday to Riley!
Some things I don't want to forget...
Just one year ago, on his 2nd birthday, he still wasn't calling me Mom, nor was he hardly talking. Now, he is crazy verbal and talks, talks, talks, all day long!
He has a little southern accent, which is so cute. He pronounces "Woody," "Wue -dee."
He is learning fast that words hold power, both for good and for bad. i.e. When he's mad at one of us he will say, "You're not my Mom," or, "You're not my baby sister." I'm trying to teach him to express his actual emotion in that moment, such as, "I am mad at you Mom," as opposed to doling out a hurtful insult. He is also learning to be complementary and to express thanks verbally. He's also very good at saying, "I love you."
He loves to be with me at all times. This is precious to me as I know it won't last, but it can also be a bit tiring. :) I try to soak up all his offered cuddles and relish the fact that he enjoys my company so much right now.
He is really into super heros right now. He often becomes, "Super Riley!"
He loves to playact. When he's playacting "Toy Story," he is always Buzz, Soph is Woody, Haddie is Jessie and he always makes Jamie and me Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head. Ha!
He loves playing on the "pad pad," and the computer. He's getting pretty good at some games and I have to rip him away when his time is up.
I can't believe Riley is three. I am so thankful God blessed Jamie and me with such a precious little boy!


3 comments:
I am glad our Riley is here too! The pictures are so cute. WE had so much fun at the party.!
love ,mom
It was such a great party! So much fun and quite relaxing, to me anyway! We love Riley!!! :)
Sounds like a fun birthday and a sweet boy! :)
Post a Comment