"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Be Nice to Bugs Mom

Bugs and me, they don't really get along. I get annoyed with them outside, though I will try to ignore them. Once they enter my house though... they are mine! I will squash them first chance I get.

Last week there was this large, creepy crawly, with lots of legs, scurrying across my laundry room floor. I was barefoot but Sophia had her tennis shoes on. I said, "Soph, quick, stomp on that bug!" She did (what an obedient daughter), then proceeded to bend down and look at the squashed bug. She asked if it was moving and I told her, "No, you just killed it." She looked up at me in horror and said, "Mom! Be nice to bugs!" I told her, "Not when they are in my house."

Well, she is now on a spiritual campaign to change my heart. This morning she was standing in front of the mirror singing in her cute sing-songie voice:

Be nice to bugs Mom
Be nice to bugs Mom
Dear God, make Mom be nice to bugs!!! etc...

1 comment:

Jeni said...

That is hilarious!!!!!!! I totally agree with you about the bugs! We are currently killing ants in the house...I suppose we have to admire her tender heart. :) I hope you don't mind, but I copy/pasted this and sent it to some of my friends, and of course Uncle David! :) Love you!