"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bugs anyone?

So, my dear and longtime friend, Danielle (who currently resides in Colorado) is in Ohio this week and graciously made the trip down to Ashland today to visit us. Danielle is one of those rare jewels of a friend (actually, I have been blessed by many of these types of friends and I'm so glad she's one of them). She came bearing gifts today; some adorable baby clothes for Bean and ... a Bug Vacuum for Sophia! You may ask, what is a bug vacuum? Well, it's this toy that vacuums up bugs into this little compartment with an attached magnifying glass for extra inspection. You can then set the bug free. Well, Sophia has been having quite the time with this new toy today! She practiced with some little paper bugs we made and then found quite a few real bugs outside on our walk this afternoon! Thanks Danielle!!! :)






4 comments:

Jenny said...

I loved reading your recent posts. Your camera takes lovely photos. I'm glad you blog; I'll be able to follow your family's development when I move!

Anonymous said...

very cool! has she brought any of the bugs into the house yet? Remember be nice to bugs!

Jeni said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How cute - we need one for when the lady bugs come back this fall! According to the weatherman they will be back here in WV full force - more than last year!!! Love reading your blog and seeing pictures of the family!

Sue and Bill