"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Big Sister

On Tuesday, August 5, Sophia and I went to the Siblings' Preparation Class at Wadsworth-Rittman Hospital (were we'll be delivering Baby Bean). It is geared for kids just Soph's age and was a lot of fun. They hold it in the waiting room/lounge on the Labor/Delivery Unit. The kids get to learn about how babies grow inside mommy, how to put a diaper on a baby, how to swaddle a baby, what might change when baby comes home, and they also got to see a real newborn in the nursery and see one of the labor/delivery rooms. As a goody bag, each child got to take home a bunch of supplies that the midwives/OBs may use when helping the mommies have their babies. Sophia has loved playing doctor with these items. I forgot my camera the night of the class so I chronicled some of the fun we've been having with her goody bag contents!


Getting "scrubbed in" with her real surgeon's scrubber sponge (minus the chemically detergent soap)

All suited up and ready for the action!


Her first delivery! Midwife in the making???

Practicing her diapering skills.

Practicing her swaddling skills. Look how happy her baby looks! :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Tell Soph I would be proud to have her help if I ever have a baby - she looked very prepared. :)

Jeni said...

Soph will be such a great help and wonderful Big Sister! :) I do remember when YOU were born and how excited I was! :) And SAD when your cord fell off...Glad you're still alive from that! :) Love you guys!!!