"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Friday, August 22, 2008

They were doing something...

We had our appt. with the Julie, one of our wonderful midwives, on Wednesday. I haven't really had any regular contractions since Monday and was really praying that I'd be dilated a bit. Soph got to come with Jamie and me and Julie let her help measure my tummy and find Bean's heartbeat. That was fun! As of Wednesday I was dilated 3 cm. (sorry if that's TMI), so my prayer was answered. That doesn't mean much, except that all those contractions over the weekend were doing something and now we just much continue to wait...

I've been very motivated to keep the house clean and go on daily walks, hoping any extra activity might spur things on! :) I've also been needing at least 1-2 naps every day because I'm just so sleepy! I know that I'm still 2 weeks from my due date (I'm 38 weeks as of today), but for so many reasons, that I won't get into here, we've been praying for an early delivery, so, we wait, trusting the Lord and his timing more than our hopes, but still praying in faith.

No comments: