Last year Jamie and I started something new. On Christmas morning, before we do anything else, we all gather on our bed (this will evolve as the kiddos get older and are able to participate more fully) and give gifts to our Savior, Jesus - it is His birthday we are celebrating after-all! I didn't get around to doing it last year, but found some unused photo albums recently, so plan on using them to... keep a record of our gifts from year to year. Each year we'll write on a notecard what our gift to Jesus is and we'll get a fun family shot of all of us in the bed in our new Christmas p.j.s I will then stick these in the photo album. I expect this to be quite the treasure as our kids grow older and we can look back at what we gave Jesus each year on His birthday.
Last year Soph was a bit too young to "get it," but I'm looking forward to seeing what she gives Jesus from her heart this year.
Last year I gave Jesus my children. I had had 3 miscarriages, and was about to have a fourth (though I didn't yet know it). I had such a fear of losing more children and of losing the sweet child I already had. I knew I needed to give Jesus my kiddos, and with them, all the fear I had that would paralyze me at times.
This year I'm giving Jesus my time. I do a poor job at devoting enough time to Him each day and I long to do better at this, so this is going to be my gift to him.
What are you giving Jesus this year? Share if you feel comfortable!
Ruthie :)
1 comment:
I too want to give Him my time - time to be alone with God. Listening to the gentle breeze blow; looking at the marvelous creations he has given us; all of which can be a way for us to escape from the hectic life which some of us seem to live. Even though we are retired - we still have a hectic life at times! The "quiet" time alone with God can be inspirational as well as an eye opener - -it will let us see what we need to be more deligent about in serving the Lord. I love reading from the many devotional books I have. They always have words of wisdom that takes me to the Bible to find more of what is being said.
"Thus the Lord God . . . has said, . . . In quietness and trust is your strength."
Isaiah 30:15
I hope to find that strength by giving God more of my time!
Post a Comment