"You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5
The Adventures of our family - told through the eyes of Ruthie, the wife and mommy.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

She Keeps Me Humble

Last night I was sitting on the couch and noticed Sophia pushing a chair across the kitchen. I asked her what she was doing. She replied, "I need to get a closer look." I asked her what she needed to get a closer look at and she said she wanted to look at the picture of me when she was still in my tummy. That had me puzzled because there are no such pictures on my refridgerator. I asked her to describe the picture to me some more. She said I was in a hotel with all my friends. Well, even though I was in someone's house, not a hotel, and only some of the other subjects in the photo are my friends... I knew instantly which photograph she was talking about. I jumped off the couch just to confirm... yep, there I am... standing with a bunch of other ladies, totally NOT pregnant. In fact, Sophia would have been about 1 1/2 at that time. Alrighty, so, I'm definitely taking that picture down!!! :)

Ruthie :)

2 comments:

Jeni said...

OH! Out of the mouths of babes! :) :) Dear sister, how funny, and I'm glad you're sharing these kinds of things. Stuff I have to look forward to! I was confused too, because I wasn't remembering a preggie picture of you on your fridge...You're a beautiful woman my dear!!!! Love you! :) :) :)

Sue and Bill said...

Ruthie,
I love reading the stories of you and the family - can't wait for Jeni to start blogging about Cora!
I love the look and sound of your blog - if I get the courage I would love to give our blog a facelift! :)
All our love and prayers!